Magellan Rx + Prime Residency Program
The ASHP accredited Magellan Rx + Prime PGY1 residency program will allow you to build your best career in managed care. You will develop a firsthand understanding of medical and pharmacy benefit integration and strategy. The skills and mindset that you cultivate will allow you to be more efficient, adaptable, and well-rounded, and will help kick-start your career as a pharmacist.
Contribute today, lead tomorrow
Residents have the opportunity to
- Gain hands-on experience of specialty and medical drug management from a managed care perspective.
- Be a part of the clinical program innovation team and develop/enhance specialty clinical programs in therapeutic areas such as oncology, hemophilia, and rare diseases.
- Consult with health plan clients about specialty and medical drug strategies.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of PBM operations, including claims adjudication, pricing, and pharmacy networks.
- Evaluate and balance clinical, financial, and government considerations to produce patient-focused and therapeutically complete drug lists (formularies).
- Participate and present at P&T committee meetings.
- Evaluate opportunities for, and design utilization management criteria to reduce drug misuse and improve member health outcomes.
- Develop a holistic specialty strategy, which includes management opportunities across the pharmacy benefit and medical benefit and distribution channels.
- Learn about the latest developments in specialty pharmacy, and broaden understanding of concepts such as value-based contracting, rebates, and other innovative strategies.
- Use and expand your knowledge of strategies across Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid lines of business.
- Present your research to industry stakeholders, including senior leaders, and national conferences.
- $50,000 annual salary
- Paid membership dues to AMCP and ASHP
- Paid travel/hotel/fees for professional meetings (AMCP and/or ASHP)
- Generous benefits package
- Medical and dental insurance
- 80 hours of paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Reimbursement for NAPLEX, MPJE (for home state)
- Application, including CV and 3 Letters of Recommendation through the PHORCAS system submitted by January 2nd, 2024
- On-track to graduate from ACPE-Accredited PharmD program by end of Spring Semester with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA (or “PASS” if in a Pass/Fail program)
- Must obtain Pharmacist License from home state within 90 days of starting Residency
- Current citizen or permanent resident of the United States