Building Prime’s knowledge base about members with diabetes
March 18, 2019
The findings from these studies provide actionable data for health plans. Prime has developed and improved benefit designs and product offerings based on this research, working toward improved health outcomes and lower cost of care.
Our research on members with diabetes has included:
- Demonstrating the choice and persistency of three classes of antihyperglycemic drugs among members with diabetes who also have ASCVD.
- Highlighting the undertreatment of cardiovascular disease among members with diabetes and projecting impact of potential heart events. Study #1. Study #2.
- Showing the striking rise in prices throughout the diabetes drug category and its effects on members and payers. Study
- Understanding the role of drug therapy in emergency room visits for hypoglycemic events among members with diabetes. Study
- Analyzing the impact of a medication therapy management program on adherence in a Medicare population of members with diabetes. Study
- Demonstrating how nonadherence to medication is linked to greater use of medical services and higher costs for members with diabetes. Study
Because we use integrated medical and pharmacy data, this research gives us a view to total cost of care. And our long-term relationships with Blue Plan clients mean we’ve been able to study these trends over time.
Prime’s health outcomes team sifts through millions of pieces of data to find important insights. We produce foundational research that sparks product development, and results in research that measures impact. Ongoing dialogue with clients keeps us focused on the research that our clients find meaningful. It’s all part of our commitment to working with our clients toward achieving superior health outcomes at the lowest net cost.
January 18, 2022
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) first approved Janssen Biotech’s Remicade® (infliximab)…
December 14, 2021
Rituxan® (rituximab) from Genentech was first approved by the FDA in 1997 for…
December 7, 2021
Herceptin® (trastuzumab) from Genentech is a targeted cancer drug used primarily to treat…