Building Prime’s knowledge base about members with diabetesMarch 18, 2019
The findings from these studies provide actionable data for health plans. Prime has developed and improved benefit designs and product offerings based on this research, working toward improved health outcomes and lower cost of care.
Our research on members with diabetes has included:
- Demonstrating the choice and persistency of three classes of antihyperglycemic drugs among members with diabetes who also have ASCVD.
- Highlighting the undertreatment of cardiovascular disease among members with diabetes and projecting impact of potential heart events. Study #1. Study #2.
- Showing the striking rise in prices throughout the diabetes drug category and its effects on members and payers. Study
- Understanding the role of drug therapy in emergency room visits for hypoglycemic events among members with diabetes. Study
- Analyzing the impact of a medication therapy management program on adherence in a Medicare population of members with diabetes. Study
- Demonstrating how nonadherence to medication is linked to greater use of medical services and higher costs for members with diabetes. Study
Because we use integrated medical and pharmacy data, this research gives us a view to total cost of care. And our long-term relationships with Blue Plan clients mean we’ve been able to study these trends over time.
Prime’s health outcomes team sifts through millions of pieces of data to find important insights. We produce foundational research that sparks product development, and results in research that measures impact. Ongoing dialogue with clients keeps us focused on the research that our clients find meaningful. It’s all part of our commitment to working with our clients toward achieving superior health outcomes at the lowest net cost.
June 5, 2023
Oncology Update: Advances in Breast Cancer Management
New approvals and a broad pipeline promise advances in the treatment of breast…
June 1, 2023
Prime reimagines patient care, unites care team for a better experience and smarter treatment plan
The patient journey from a cancer diagnosis through treatment with multiple specialty medications…
May 30, 2023
Specialty Drug Pipeline Update: May 2023
This monthly pipeline wrap-up provides a review of newly approved specialty drugs, recent…