Prime maintains CEO Cancer Gold Standard designation
Accreditation from CEO Roundtable on Cancer continues since 2012February 17, 2021
Business leaders know cancer affects their workforces, and research confirms cancer’s impact on American workers and their families. But more than half of all cancer deaths can be prevented through early diagnosis.
“Employers report a level of complexity in managing employees’ cancer-related needs beyond that associated with any other type of disease or condition.”
– Northeast Business Group on Health (NEBGH) Cancer and the Workplace: The Employer Perspective report¹
Since 2012, Prime Therapeutics has joined more than 200 companies that are recognized as a CEO Cancer Gold Standard™ organization for their efforts to reduce cancer among its employees. By focusing on cancer risk reduction, early detection, and quality care, the program can help save employee lives.
To earn Gold Standard accreditation, Prime established programs that reduce cancer risk by taking concrete actions in five key areas:
- Emphasize prevention by prohibiting tobacco use and supporting tobacco cessation efforts
- Promote healthy lifestyles through physical activity, healthy nutrition and weight management
- Provide health insurance options that encourage detection of cancer at its earliest stages, ensure access to quality care, and allow participation in cancer clinical trials
- Promote employee awareness of these initiatives, and
- Support the needs of cancer survivors in the workplace.
Prime’s employees are its greatest resource. By following the Gold Standard program and supporting healthy behaviors, the company is having a positive impact on them, their families and their communities.
- Northeast Business Group on Health. (2015, October). Cancer and the Workplace: The Employer Perspective. https://nebgh.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/CancerWorkplace_FINAL.pdf
December 8, 2023
Each year, Prime Therapeutics and Magellan Rx (Prime/MRx) celebrates the President’s Awards, honoring…
December 6, 2023
The medical landscape surrounding the respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) vaccine continues to evolve…
November 2, 2023
The Insights event took place in Orange County, CA where Prime/MRx trade team…