Company informationSeptember 24, 2021
We work across the health care industry to deliver pharmacy solutions that create exceptional experiences for all stakeholders. As we seek to simplify the health care experience, we:
- Collaborate with pharmaceutical manufacturers to positively impact health outcomes through education for products and disease states and partner to deliver drug access and patient assistance programs
- Connect with providers to ensure coordination of member care, including a dedicated provider relations team in our specialty division
- Work with employer groups, health plans and state governments to manage and administer pharmacy benefits
- Partner with payers to manage specialty drug spend
Care + medicine = improved outcomes
With prescription drugs now accounting for more than 30% of total health care costs, Prime’s role as a strategic partner has never been more tangible or important. What’s more, Prime provides members with a holistic care journey, integrating providers, patients and channels — and uncovering insights that can make people’s lives better.
- Collaborations with stakeholders like Amazon Pharmacy and Express Scripts® mean Prime clients and members get the most competitive prices available for the medicines they need.
- Clinical programs integrate data analytics with customized outreach, including personalized interventions from pharmacists, to help members and prescribers make the best drug management decisions.
- Prime uses the power of its own predictive data, combined with data from its Blue Plan partners, to create actionable insights and tackle the toughest Rx challenges, ultimately helping improve outcomes for members.
- Prime’s High Value Pharmacist pilots earned the 2021 Excellence Award from the Pharmacy Benefit Management Institute.
- Prime’s fraud, waste and abuse program saved health plan clients $285 million in 2020 and earned the #2 spot among health care companies on Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies List.”
- In 2022, Prime published its first diversity, equity and inclusion transparency report, demonstrating progress in workplace and community equity, acknowledging the meaningful steps taken and still required to achieve a more diverse, inclusive way of doing business.
- Prime’s IntegratedRx program employs a channel-independent approach to help identify solutions that drive the best financial and quality outcomes for Blue Plans and members.
Leading the way
We help our partners stay ahead of growing spend and deliver the best experience for their members by providing a comprehensive suite of targeted products and programs that help drive down costs and improve member health.
Prime has a deep understanding of pharmacy trends, including one of the largest specialty cost drivers: specialty drugs dispensed through the medical benefit. With 2% of members driving 50% of total pharmacy spend – and half of that spend residing on the medical benefit – our partners need solutions to effectively manage total specialty costs.
And we’re focused supporting the member experience by helping our customers and their members make well-informed decisions that will deliver on their goals and health outcomes.
Locations and employees
Headquarters: Eagan, Minnesota
Regional location(s): Orlando