Prime maintains CEO Cancer Gold Standard designation
Accreditation from CEO Roundtable on Cancer continues since 2012.
Business leaders know cancer affects their workforces, and research confirms cancer's impact on American workers and their families. But more than half of all cancer deaths can be prevented through early diagnosis.
“Employers report a level of complexity in managing employees’ cancer-related needs beyond that associated with any other type of disease or condition.”
- Northeast Business Group on Health (NEBGH) Cancer and the Workplace: The Employer Perspective report1
Since 2012, Prime Therapeutics has joined more than 200 companies that are recognized as a CEO Cancer Gold StandardTM organization for their efforts to reduce cancer among its employees. By focusing on cancer risk reduction, early detection, and quality care, the program can help save employee lives.
To earn Gold Standard accreditation, Prime established programs that reduce cancer risk by taking concrete actions in five key areas:
- Emphasize prevention by prohibiting tobacco use and supporting tobacco cessation efforts
- Promote healthy lifestyles through physical activity, healthy nutrition and weight management
- Provide health insurance options that encourage detection of cancer at its earliest stages, ensure access to quality care, and allow participation in cancer clinical trials
- Promote employee awareness of these initiatives, and
- Support the needs of cancer survivors in the workplace.
Prime’s employees are its greatest resource. By following the Gold Standard program and supporting healthy behaviors, the company is having a positive impact on them, their families and their communities.
1. Northeast Business Group on Health. (2015, October). Cancer and the Workplace: The Employer Perspective. https://nebgh.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/CancerWorkplace_FINAL.pdf
About Prime Therapeutics
Prime Therapeutics LLC (Prime) makes health care work better by helping people get the medicine they need to feel better and live well. Prime provides total drug management solutions for health plans, employers, and government programs including Medicare and Medicaid. The company processes claims and offers clinical services for people with complex medical conditions. Prime serves more than 30 million people.
Follow @Prime_PBM on Twitter.